Interesting topic today caught my eye, on the basic communications rules.
The four Conversational Maxims
A. Maxims of quality
1. Do not say what your believe to be false.
2. Do not say that for which you lack adequate evidence.
B. Maxims of quantity
1. Make your contribution as informative as required.
2. Do not make your contribution more informative than is required.
C. Maxim of relation
1. Be relevant.
D. Maxims of manner
1. Avoid obscurity of expression.
2. Avoid ambiguity.
3. Be brief.
4. Be orderly.
Full details in article on the link below:
Basic rules of conversation